Monday 7 September 2009

A Site That Currently Contains A Lot Of Spam

Myspace has a problem with the google blog thing, which I imagine is much like the brief war between Betamax and VHS back in the glory days of video cassettes. They refuse to be compatable, probably because young Tom Freckles at Myspace is feeling insecure.

The march of progress would seem to have taught the world precious little.

If they were car manufacturers rather than web hosts they probably wouldn't be able to decide which side of the car to put the steering wheel or which side of the road to drive on. On Myspace the link to the radio show leads to a box informing the intrepid but foolhardy clicker that they've been prevented from venturing further because they may have been about to enter A Site That Currently Contains A Lot Of Spam, and at the very least they could be prey to a phishing scam.

For phishing scam read head-on collision.

Click on this seemingly innocuous link (if you dare):

The Wreckless Eric Radio Show

I'm not a phishing scam or a piece of malicious software but Myspace won't let me put a link to the ungodly google or directly to the radio show. So I've been forced to provide an unlinked link if you see what I mean. I've suggested that those with copying and pasting skills the, ahem... tech savvy (pass the bucket) can copy and paste the unlinked link and leave the tightly controlled, tight-arsed world of myspace behind for a short while.

And I've promised that I won't crawl up the wire into anyone's computer and fuck about with their personal details.

Here's a preview of the latest radio show:

Hang on to your testicles (or someone else's) and prepare to freak out. Music from Silver Apples, Alan Vega, Bert Kempfeart & His Orchestra, Plummet Airlines, Jacques Dutronc, McGinty & White, Nick Lowe, The Honeycombs, Jimmy Reed and not forgetting Little Boy Blue & His Blue Boys.

And here's the link (it's all "in-house" here so we should be OK):

The Wreckless Eric Radio Show

And just for the sake of going link crazy here's a link to our tour dates:

Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby UK September dates

And a link to a list of hospital trust sites in the UK which I'm sure you'll find deeply disinteresting:

http://www.nhs.uk/ServiceDirectories/Pages/AcuteTrustListing.aspx

4 comments:

  1. I like this new blogger thing Eric is doing. After I finish reading eric's post I lkie to click on the thing at the top that says Next Blog. Each time it seems to take me to a different one. Today it was about tying fishing flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never got around to clicking the next blog thing. I'm glad you've saved me the bother. I can't see the attraction in fishing - a bit like watching paint dry.
    It's the job of middle-age people to be boring, prosaic, pedantic... cardigans and Old Holborn tins full of odd screws down in the garden shed, that's OK but fishing is going too far. And tying fishing flies...???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fishing, pah.

    See what I got

    http://bmw-andreas.blogspot.com/

    Andreas Tvatt seems somehow apt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah thanks for that nhs link dad, ame in useful!

    ReplyDelete